"There is an intellectual desire, an eros of the mind. Without it there would arise no questioning, no inquiry, no wonder." Bernard Lonergan

"It seems clear that humans cannot significantly reduce or mitigate the dangers inherent in their use of life by ccumulating more information or better theories or by achieving greater predictability or more caution in their scientific and industrial work. To treat life as less than a miracle is to give up on it." Wendell Berry

"Do not be afraid, my little flock, for it is the Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32

Friday, December 14, 2012

Pray and listen....

I had prepared a string of Christmassy blogs for the next 10 days or so...

But I have just heard from many sources of death in Connecticut.  If there is a working definition of a hell-on-earth scene, surely something like this must be it.

I'll confess it is terrible, and as the father of three it at elementary school it gives me a chill and a tear in the eye that I will not easily shake.

So, I had prepared a string of Christmassy blogs for the next 10 days or so...

In light of what has been a tough week at our church already, and what is a terrible day for our nation, I ask all members of our church, White Memorial Presbyterian, to pray today. 

Pray and turn to grace, listening for a voice of guidance as to how and what we might do as a people of faith to confront these tragedies which keep befalling our children and our people.  Pray and listen, friends. 

Pray and listen....

No comments:

Post a Comment