"There is an intellectual desire, an eros of the mind. Without it there would arise no questioning, no inquiry, no wonder." Bernard Lonergan

"It seems clear that humans cannot significantly reduce or mitigate the dangers inherent in their use of life by ccumulating more information or better theories or by achieving greater predictability or more caution in their scientific and industrial work. To treat life as less than a miracle is to give up on it." Wendell Berry

"Do not be afraid, my little flock, for it is the Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32

Monday, August 12, 2013

1981

1981...

I was ten years old.  My friend Bob recently sent me and several of us the video from YouTube which you will find below.

My boys are 11 and 9 respectively.  Basically they are about 10.  I watched them playing a game yesterday, each on their mobile Android devices, connected via internet to each other.  The thought of what their children will be doing 32 years from now, the technology, its potential to empower and distract.  The thought of that -- what they will have access to 32 years from now?

I boggles my mind.

Can there be any doubt that much is changing all around us?

The choice we have is to choose how we will live within the changes.  What witness will we make?  What confession will we share?

Thanks Bob.  This really set my mind to racing.


No comments:

Post a Comment