"There is an intellectual desire, an eros of the mind. Without it there would arise no questioning, no inquiry, no wonder." Bernard Lonergan

"It seems clear that humans cannot significantly reduce or mitigate the dangers inherent in their use of life by ccumulating more information or better theories or by achieving greater predictability or more caution in their scientific and industrial work. To treat life as less than a miracle is to give up on it." Wendell Berry

"Do not be afraid, my little flock, for it is the Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

New Vista - Open Eyes

-- members of our group waiting to board to New York --

As many have noticed, I have not blogged in a while. I am trying to discover some new ways to integrate blogging into my work and outreach.  So I took an unannounced reprieve after last August.

I think I am soon to begin again.  And, in the spirit of symmetry, as my last entries were about a journey in Geneva, these first entries will be about a trip for which I sit in the airport.  With a group of about 20 I am going on a study and travel seminar to Israel.  So for the next two weeks I'll be blogging daily.  I hope you find it joyful and generous story telling.

I have been asked often, why this trip?  Why are trips to Israel, to the "Holy Land," why are they so powerful and important?  If I were to answer now it would be mere speculation.  But I bet I'll know when we return.  Or at least I've got a chance to have a good idea.  

I look forward to sharing with you.

"O God help us each day -- on great journeys to far off places and in our hour to hour living -- to be your children, emissaries of peace, bearers of grace, and purveyors of hope.  Grant your traveling mercies this day upon those who roam far from home.  Keep us ever in your care as we see new vistas and have our eyes opened to new sights and possibilities.  In the name of the Redeemer we pray.  Amen."




No comments:

Post a Comment